September 21, 2009

Interview with Ozge Karaoglu

I've just had a wonderful time interviewing Ozge Karaoglu, an EFL teacher in Turkey. She talks about her experience telling stories and producing videos with her young learners.

She writes a great blog and also has a wiki with resources for teachers.

I decided to interview her so that she could share with us how she deals with storytelling with her students and how other teachers can also benefit from her ideas. Thanks Ozge for taking the time to share your experience with us!



Read about Ozge's book "Daisy and Drago" .

Her second book


The animated version of the same book with her students' voices.

Daisy & Drago and the Magic Wand from ozge karaoglu on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Shelly Terrell said...

Great interview! Very inspiring! I really liked the way you demonstrate the use of Wetoku. I've been contemplating using this tool for collaboration with other schools where Skype is not allowed.

Unknown said...

It's perfect when you want to share the interview in a blog and very easy to use. It was great experience!

admin said...

Dear Ana,
I would like to thank you for the interview. It was such a great experience and I enjoyed it a lot. I hope to collaborate on another project with you!!

Ana Maria Menezes said...

Thanks Ozge, it was my pleasure.

Camila Sousa said...

Aninha,

Congratulations on your post!! You are great about finding new tools. I just love the Wetoku. I have seen your post before about this teacher and her wonderful videos about storytelling. I am going to try to create one with the characters moving (Let's see if I can).
Thank you for the post and for the interview it was relly nice and definetely a plus for us teaches.

xoxox,
Camila

Ana Maria Menezes said...

Camilinha,

How nice to hear from again. Tell you what, I have been planning to interview you next. Topas? I'll send you the questions via e-mail. Think about it.

Ana Maria Menezes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camila Sousa said...

Aninha,

It will be my pleasure :-))))
Thanks for the invite. I will be waiting for the questions.

xoxox,
Camila