March 27, 2010

The Crazy Professor Reading Game

One of my colleagues, Michelle Lemos, who is attending the Cultura Edtech online course which I´m facilitating, has come accross a real gem.

The Crazy Professor Reading Game is a reading technique which helps students see meaning in the words they´re reading. Students become active as they move their hands and read dramatically. Honestly, when I saw the video I wished I were in that classroom as a student, learning and having fun w/ them.



The steps are:
  1. ask sts to read the text aloud to themselves (dramatically).
  2. sts read again using their hands to represent what they are reading.
  3. pairs ask questions to each other about the text.
  4. One st is the crazy professor and the other is the eager student. The teacher really wants to teach (summarize the text) and the student really wants to learn.

No comments: